- Boston College Events
- Event Details
Round 3 Equitable Discussions (2 Day) Forces at a Distance, Natural Hazards, Metabolic Reactions,
OEI has planned an engaging 2 day in-person PL session for the following units: 8.3 Forces at a Distance (6th gr. MA), 6.5 Natural Hazards (7th gr. MA) & 7.3 Metabolic Reactions (8th gr.MA). This session assumes the prerequisite completion of the Launch Professional Learning and previous experience teaching an OpenSciEd unit
Join us August 21 & 22 at UMass Amherst Hotel, 1 Campus Center Way, Amherst, MA 01003
- August 21 8am-4 pm, breakfast, lunch, reception provided
- August 22 8am-4 pm, breakfast & lunch, provided
In this 2 day in-person PD we will:
- Analyze OpenSciEd classroom video considering features of classroom culture.
- Identify and share strategies for developing and maintaining classroom norms
- Analyze OpenSciEd classroom video and resources for the three main discussion types
- Use tools to plan for key discussions and lessons that support idea development and student engagement.
- Engage in lessons from the next round of units as a student and discuss implementation strategies in their own context
The cost of this event is $700 plus any overnight accommodations if selected. There is a reduced cost for members of the OEI grant cohorts (Cohort 1 at $250, Cohort 2 &3 at $500).
NOTE: Participants in this PD workshop have the opportunity to participate in an additional NSF study, which includes a stipend of $2500. Click on this link to find more information about the study, and express your interest in joining. We will also send a follow up email about the study to people who register for this workshop.
To see additional dates, please return to the events page on our website.
Monday, August 21
UMass Amherst, MA 1 Campus Center Way, Amherst, MA 01003
- Web filters
Marianne Dunne at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Google Calendar iCal Outlook
No recent activity