- Boston College Events
- Event Details
Round 2 Student Sensemaking (2-day): Sound, Thermal Energy, Chemical Reactions & Energy
OEI has planned an engaging 2 day in-person PL session for the following units: Sound, Thermal Energy & Chemical Reactions & Energy. This professional learning assumes you have attended the Curriculum Launch or have equivalent experience with OpenSciEd.
Join us February 6 & 7 at The Connors Center 20 Glen St Dover, MA
- February 6th: 8am-4 pm, breakfast, lunch, dinner reception provided
- February 7th 8am-4 pm, breakfast & lunch,provided
In this 2 day in-person PD we will:
- Reflect on successes and challenges of implementation of your first OpenSciEd unit and brainstorm solutions.
- Consider how to customize the OpenSciEd materials in ways that support our students’ and align with the key goals of OpenSciEd.
- Engage in lessons from the next round of units
The cost of the event is $700 plus the cost of overnight lodging, if requested, at $75 per night plus tax. OEI Cohort schools will be invoiced at a discounted rate (Cohort 1 at $250, Cohort 2 at $500). For cancellations within two weeks of the event, districts will be responsible for the registration fee plus lodging, if requested.
REGISTRATION CLOSES: Monday Jan. 23, 2023
To see additional dates, please return to the events page on our website.
Monday, February 6 at 8:00am to 4:00pm
The Connors Center 20 Glen St. Dover, MA 02030
- Web filters
Marianne Dunne at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Google Calendar iCal Outlook