- Boston College Events
- Event Details
Round 2 Student Sensemaking (2-day): Sound, Thermal Energy, Chemical Reactions & Energy
OEI has planned an engaging 2 day in-person PL session for the following units: Sound, Thermal Energy & Chemical Reactions & Energy. This professional learning assumes you have attended the Curriculum Launch or have equivalent experience with OpenSciEd.
Join us January 23 & 24 at the Willits-Hallowell Conference Center & Hotel at Mt. Holyoke College
- January 23rd: 8am-4 pm, breakfast, lunch, and dinner reception provided
- January 24th 8am-4 pm, breakfast & lunch,provided
In this 2 day in-person PD we will:
- Reflect on successes and challenges of implementation of your first OpenSciEd unit and brainstorm solutions.
- Consider how to customize the OpenSciEd materials in ways that support our students’ and align with the key goals of OpenSciEd.
- Engage in lessons from the next round of units
The cost of the event is $700 plus the cost of overnight lodging, if requested, at $105 per night plus tax. OEI Cohort schools will be invoiced at a discounted rate (Cohort 1 at $250, Cohort 2 at $500). For cancellations within two weeks of the event, districts will be responsible for the registration fee plus lodging, if requested.
To see additional dates, please return to the events page on our website.
REGISTRATION CLOSES: Friday Jan. 6, 2023
Monday, January 23 at 8:00am
Willits-Hallowell Conference Center & Hotel at Mt. Holyoke College 25 Park St Hadley MA 01075
- Web filters
Marianne Dunne at email@example.com
- Google Calendar iCal Outlook