Curriculum Launch (4 Day) Light, Contact Forces, Chemical Reactions & Matter,
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT HAS SHIFTED TO A NEW LOCATION. The details for the event below are still valid and should be used to prepare for the event.
- 6.1 Light & Matter session is sold out
- 8.1 Contact Forces session is sold out
- 7.1 CHEMICAL REACTIONS & MATTER session is sold out
OEI has planned an engaging 4 day in-person PL session for the following units: 6.1 Light (6th gr. MA), 8.1 Contact Forces (7th gr. MA) & 7.1 Chemical Reactions & Matter (8th gr.MA).
Join us Sept 18 - 21 at The Connors Center 20 Glen St. Dover, MA 02030
- Sept. 18 8am-4 pm, breakfast, lunch, reception provided
- Sept. 19 8am-4 pm, breakfast & lunch, provided
- Sept. 20 8am-4 pm, breakfast & lunch, provided
- Sept. 21 8am-4 pm, breakfast & lunch, provided
In this 4-day session participants will:
- Watch videos of students engaging with the OpenSciEd units
- Hear teachers reflect on shifting their instruction with support from the units
- Engage in the actual lessons of the unit as a student and discuss implementation strategies in their own context
- Deepen their understanding of three-dimensional instruction and assessment
The cost of this event is $1200 plus any overnight accommodations if selected. There is a reduced cost for members of the OEI grant cohorts (Cohort 1 at $450, Cohort 2 & 3 at $700).
NOTE: If overnight lodging is requested, consider the following: All rooms are single occupancy. Some rooms at the Connors Center have shared bathrooms and not all rooms have air conditioning. Please indicate on the registration form if any special accommodations are needed.
To see additional dates, please return to the events page on our website.
Monday, September 18
Connor Center 20 Glen St. Dover, MA 02030