Afternoon-by-Design & Public Health Week Event "What Compels You About Health Equity?"
Explore health equity and connect across the BC community in this experiential workshop. No prior experience required. Be part of a collaborative community art piece, stitching together visual expressions of urgent topics.
Date: Sunday, April 11th
Topic: Health Equity
Join the Student Health Equity Forum and Climate Creatives in an immersive online workshop. Apply art and design-based methods in micro-collaborations that connect the BC community by exploring urgent topics. Part of the Afternoon-by-Design workshop series and Student Health Equity Forum Public Health Week.
In this 90 minute workshop, participants will work in small groups responding to the question "What compels you about Health Equity?" Through conversation and teamwork, participants will create a digital quilt square as part of a campus-wide online art and community project.
You will develop your skills through:
- Team building in a fast paced collaboration
- Design based research grounded in both theory and the real-world context
- Creating inclusive and inspiring spaces that address meaningful problems
- Expanding your communication skills and story telling
- Being part of cross campus engagement developing ways to interact and network safely
Learn sought-after skills to add to your resume:
- Design-based methods that are interactive, iterative, and flexible
- Creative brainstorming and story boarding
- Constructive Criticism
- Contextual Inquiry
- Visual Design
Registration is required to receive the event meeting link. No prior experience required. Open to all BC students, alumni, faculty and staff. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com with the subject line “Health Equity Workshop”
Sponsored by the Office of the Provost and the Boston College Arts Council
In partnership with the Student Health Equity Forum's Public Health Week
Registration is required at bit.ly/HealthEquityQuilt
Sunday, April 11 at 1:00pm to 2:30pmVirtual Event